|The Chess Correspondent|
CCLA has produced The Chess Correspondent since 1940! It is currently issued quarterly and has won the Chess Journalists of America award for Best Postal Magazine seven times, in 1997 and 2001 - 2006. The magazine regularly reports on important national and international CC events, for example, World Championships, Olympiads, and US Championships. If you had received The Chess Correspondent in the last 12 months, you would have seen (among other things)...
- Full rating list/rating updates and tournament results, both postal and email, in every issue
- Up and Down the Chessboard by Dr. Victor Palciauskas, Xth World CC Champion
- NEW! Bi-monthly instructional column by OTB-GM Nigel Davies
- Readers' Games, including games from high-class ICCF and CCLA events, annotated by our players or Herb Hickman
- An article on the rediscovered Hibbard Trophy, formerly given to winners of CCLA's Grand National, by CCLA Historian Bryce Avery
- In-depth reports on Kramnik's and Kasparov's computer matches and on the first Email US CC Championship by Volker Jeschonnek
- Articles on top CCLA players by International Arbiter Ralph Marconi. Go to CCLA Portraits Menu to view the CCLA Portrait columns on-line.
- Plenty of news from the International Correspondence Chess Federation (ICCF), player photos and short player interviews
- Book reviews ... and more!
|Read a sample Chess Correspondent magazine (.pdf file) online:|
The Chess Correspondent
|To view pdf files, you will need Adobe Reader installed.|
|Download it for free here. |